Troop 24 was first chartered in January of 2012, as a combination of Troops 1 and 35. We are proud to represent Boy Scouting in South Attleboro, MA.
Our charter sponsor is St. Theresa of The Child Jesus Parish. There has been a Boy Scout Troop at this church for over 75 years. We regularly meet on Wednesdays at 7:30 PM, so feel free to stop by!
Troop 24 is a boy-led organization. We are motivated by advancement in rank and learning various topics while earning merit badges. We are very involved in community service projects, including those initiated by Eagle Scout candidates. Past projects include:
- Building Feral Cat houses for the local animal shelter
- Installing a new sound system in a local church
- Building a walkway through a local reservation
- Replacing a fence at a local church
- Upgrading the police department firing range with new equipment to make it safer for the officers to train.
YAWGOOG SUMMER CAMP
Each Year in August Troop 24 spends a week down at one of the oldest Scout camps in the country. The Scouts spend the week focusing on their advancement, working on earning merit badges needed for the ranks of Star, Life and Eagle. The camp offers over 40 choices for the Scouts, in areas ranging from shooting sports, swimming and boating, crafts, nature, camping and more.
RAFTING & CANOEING
Each year in June or July Troop 24 goes on a new water adventure. Past events have included canoeing on the Worden Pond in Wakefield, Rhode Island, and rafting trips on the Deerfield River in Western Massachusetts.
Each year Troop 24 attends the various Council sponsored events at Camp Norse in Kingston, Massachusetts. These events are a perfect way for the Scouts to put into action the Scouting skills that they learn throughout the year.
- In January the Klondike Derby is held where the Scouts compete at many seasonally inspired skill stations, taking all necessary equipment along with them in a Gold Rush inspired sled.
- April is the month for the Spring Camporee, a Scout Skills Pentatholon, as well as a Trebuchet competition. Troop 24 always shows up prepared to show what we’ve got!
- November is the annual Cranboree event, which once again focuses on a spirited Patrol competition of Scouting skills and teamwork, along with a bit of New England flare!